cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: M$ publishes Word Document ML / Hello World Sample attached
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2003 01:15:47 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> We need "scan the license" very carefully before take decision.

I read it briefly and it basically boils down to "don't mess with us,
and we won't mess with you". They do expect you to do a "compatible
application" though, so you can't use the grammar for something
different than what it's intended to.

IMHO, it looks fairly innocent. The new ASF license has some patent
verbiage as well, BTW. No need to panic. ;-)

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org