cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: MountTableMatcher
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2003 16:55:32 GMT
Upayavira wrote:
> Sylvain Wallez wrote:

>>> Would it be possible to make it configurable in build.properties and
>>> have it default to ../..?
>>>
>>> This would, to my mind, make your solution usable in a live
>>> environment too where webapps aren't necessarily still in build/webapp.
>>>
>>> I don't know if the XPatch task can handle patches with ant
>>> properties, but if it could...
>>
>> Sorry to jump in late (just saw your "I commited it!" message), but
>> what's the need for this?

> The major job here was to get the Ant task to be able to do patches
> using Ant properties. That is a useful feature in itself, which I think
> should stay.

I haven't looked at the issues involved with the MountTableMatcher, but
I've been wanting this ability in the Ant task for a while.

> Beyond that, if you and others feel that the sitemap patch is overkill,
> I'm happy to remove it and just use it on my own systems (after all,
> that is only one file on src/confpatch).

It also seems like this can be done pretty easily with a separate conf
patch file - to patch the patch so to speak.

Also remember that the conf patch target can be run standalone - no need
to re-run the whole build just to patch a few conf files.  Also, the
location of the patches is itself configurable - this makes integrating
the task into your own build easier.

Geoff