cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject DOM Protocol, Was: Revised ResourceLoadAction posted...
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2003 16:30:43 GMT
danielf@nada.kth.se wrote:

>If I extend it to handle request / session / application context, which
>seem like a good idea, what syntax would be reasonable?
>
>dom:/[request,session,context]/attribute-name/xpath
>
>or maybe one should be a little bit more specific:
>
>dom:/[request-attribute,session-attribute,context-attribute]/attribute-name/xpath

request-attribute is too verbose for my taste...

>One could also have some kind of sub-protocols for choosing how the  write
>operation should be performed:
>
>dom:write:/...

Write sub protocol is not needed, AFAIU.

>dom:insert:/...

If node specified by the xpath does not exist, it will be created on
write; otherwise -- replaced. If you want to insert after specific
node... Yes, this will require some kind of indication... What other
options exist except using sub-protocol?

>WDYT?

My initial though was to have following syntax:

    dom:[request|session|context]:<attribute-name>#<jxpath>

Xpath, and '#' symbol is obviously optional, and '#' was chosen for
consistency with existing xmldb: protocol.

Vadim