cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: MountTableMatcher
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2003 14:27:49 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Upayavira wrote:
>
>> After this bit of code turned up, I couldn't resist giving it a go.
>>
>> I now have a XConfToolTask that will replace properties if
>> replace-properties in the top level element is set to true.
>

> Is it required, this top level element's attribute? Ant itself does
> not have it, and always performs replacement (in build.xml), so may be
> it is not needed?

By default our task does not do replacement. I've extended it so that it
does, and parameterised it.

Replacing parameters by default would slow the build down (but not by
much) as all DOM nodes need to be traversed.

I have no opinion either way as to whether it should be parameterised or
a default.

I'll go either way. What do people think?

Regards, Upayavira