cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: MountTableMatcher
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2003 11:21:32 GMT
Geoff Howard wrote:

> Upayavira wrote:
>
>> Sylvain Wallez wrote:

>>> Certainly not! The purpose of putting it in the root directory is
>>> that it is not part of the build, and so not deleted if you do a
>>> "build clean".
>>>
>>> Now maybe directly at the root is not a so good location and it
>>> should be placed elswhere. But this also would mean that it's less
>>> visible.
>>

>> Would it be possible to make it configurable in build.properties and
>> have it default to ../..?
>>
>> This would, to my mind, make your solution usable in a live
>> environment too where webapps aren't necessarily still in build/webapp.
>>
>> I don't know if the XPatch task can handle patches with ant
>> properties, but if it could...
>

> No, XPatch doesn't handle properties expansion now.  I looked briefly
> at how to add support for this and didn't get it worked out.  I don't
> know Ant internals much at all - maybe someone more familiar would
> know better.

I've just asked on ant-dev, and was told:

String org.apache.tools.ant.Project.replaceProperties(String value)

So, from looking at the xpatch task, we would have to use this
replaceProperties method on each attribute and text value of each node
in the patch file.

We could add a 'replace-properties' top level element, which says
whether this should be done.

> I haven't followed the specific context here but would love to see it
> added too.

I'm a bit busy here, any chance you could look into it, Geoff?

It would be really cool, it would mean that you can mount your site
without having to touch the root sitemap at all.

Regards, Upayavira