cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: MountTableMatcher
Date Sun, 16 Nov 2003 01:42:08 GMT
Upayavira wrote:
> Sylvain Wallez wrote:

>>> Just one thing, why is this in cocoon root directory? Couldn't it
>>> be in the src/webapp directory (context root)?
>>
>> Certainly not! The purpose of putting it in the root directory is that
>> it is not part of the build, and so not deleted if you do a "build
>> clean".
>>
>> Now maybe directly at the root is not a so good location and it should
>> be placed elswhere. But this also would mean that it's less visible.
>
> Would it be possible to make it configurable in build.properties and
> have it default to ../..?
>
> This would, to my mind, make your solution usable in a live environment
> too where webapps aren't necessarily still in build/webapp.
>
> I don't know if the XPatch task can handle patches with ant properties,
> but if it could...

No, XPatch doesn't handle properties expansion now.  I looked briefly at
how to add support for this and didn't get it worked out.  I don't know
Ant internals much at all - maybe someone more familiar would know better.

I haven't followed the specific context here but would love to see it
added too.

Geoff