cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: MountTableMatcher
Date Sat, 15 Nov 2003 13:05:19 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>>> The main samples sitemap now uses a mount table located at the root
>>> of the Cocoon directory. It is not present by default (and ignored
>>> silently), but a "mount-table.xml.sample" is provided that just
>>> needs to be copied to "mount-table.xml".
>>
>> Just one thing, why is this in cocoon root directory? Couldn't it
>> be in the src/webapp directory (context root)?
>
> Certainly not! The purpose of putting it in the root directory is that
> it is not part of the build, and so not deleted if you do a "build
> clean".
>
> Now maybe directly at the root is not a so good location and it should
> be placed elswhere. But this also would mean that it's less visible.

Would it be possible to make it configurable in build.properties and
have it default to ../..?

This would, to my mind, make your solution usable in a live environment
too where webapps aren't necessarily still in build/webapp.

I don't know if the XPatch task can handle patches with ant properties,
but if it could...

Regards, Upayavira