cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Bowing out...
Date Sat, 15 Nov 2003 07:30:29 GMT
Jeff Ramsdale wrote:

>Most of you don't know me and/or couldn't care less if I dropped off the
>lists but I hate to leave without saying goodbye so I'm writing this
>thorougly unnecessary note for my own sense of closure.
>
>I've been following all the activity around here since January (and there's
>been a lot!). I've learned a great deal from you all about the social
>dynamics of open-source communities, the design of large software
>applications, and the finer points of Java programming. I'm grateful for all
>the that, as well as the few opportunities I had to give back to the
>community.
>
>The good news is that I recently got a job I really enjoy. The bad news is
>that it doesn't look like Cocoon will be a part of it (at least in the near
>term--but I'll keep plugging it!). These are pretty active lists and I can't
>afford to keep up anymore. So I'm going to bow out as gracefully as I
>can--hopefully I'll make it back some day (I'm sure I'll be peeking in
>occasionally).
>
>Thanks, all, it's been a real pleasure... Best of luck!

Thank you for letting us know. I certainly appreciate people giving us
the 'human side' of their experience of Cocoon.

I have appreciated your contribution to discussions, and enjoyed
watching you getting more of a sense of how this community works (which
has been obvious to me through your mails).

Anyway, best of luck with your new job, and hope you manage to get
Cocoon in there soon!

With best wishes,

Upayavira