cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: configure rather than build
Date Sat, 15 Nov 2003 06:19:49 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> To change the mis-conceptions about our "source-only" distribution,
> perhaps it would help to call it "configure.sh" or "install.sh"
> rather than "build.sh".

I got in a mind to improve things a little a few months ago and started
to work towards a "compiled but not built" distribution, but ran out of
interest.  Actually I decided I'd rather help build the new boat than
patch the old one, so started joining the implementing blocks discussion
instead.  There is a point after all compiling, etc. where the webapp is
assembled by copying and patching files.  I thought this would finally
lay the issue to rest until 2.2.  This would make the time to build a
lot less as well.  Maybe someone has more "scratch" (actually time) than
me now.

In any case, I'd be OK with it but it's really a pretty thinly veiled
deception to just rename the script.  Of course, the biggest battle is
the perception.

Geoff