cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject nested diagnostic contexts (log4j) and cocoon
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2003 08:49:31 GMT
Maybe this topic was too advanced for the users-list so I'm reposting it
here.

In short: anyone familiar with NDC in log4j knows how to get a similar
concept running in cocoon using logkit? In the generator i would do a
NDC.push("identstring") and in the serializer a NDC.remove().

Hope this question is clear enough now.

tnx
Jorg

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: nested diagnostic contexts and cocoon
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 17:37:49 +0100
From: Jorg Heymans <jh@domek.be>
To: users@cocoon.apache.org

Hi,

Is there any way of using log4j-alike NDC's in the cocoon 2.04 logging
mechanism? I need to be able to make coherent logging output of an
execution path that consists of multiple pipelines, transformers (both
custom and standard), and this under high load?

With log4j, you would push an identifying string onto the logging
framework at the entry point of the application. Subsequent logging
output (within the same thread?) would then have this string prepended
in the output as well, at the exit point (ie request done) you would pop
this string off again.

Is similar stuff possible in cocoon? I would rather not incorporate
log4j unless it's very easy to do

thoughts?
Jorg