cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Is flowscript polluting sitemap readability?
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 22:01:24 GMT

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> On 12 Nov 2003, at 19:49, Joerg Heinicke wrote:
>
>> Only a random thought: why there is no FlowScriptSelector calling the
>> flow script and evaluating the String return type? This would remove
>> the  sitemap calls flow script calls sitemap and is more like a
>> function call. You will have only one pipeline, not two.

this sounds like the struts way of returning some action-exit-code?

which admittedly makes more sense then the alternative suggestion of
injecting the URI's into the script-function as parameters to read

but I couldn't help thinking: isn't that precisely the role the
URI-string argument in sendPage{AndWait}("uri") is taking up?

I see how it adds to readability, but can't we see the sitemap's core
function of siwtching on 'URI' as enough for doing this?

this introduces an extra mapping layer that only seems to buy us the
ability to reuse flowscripts-functions regardless of the changed
URI-mapping on the server

(hm, that does sound like a useful gain of a typical SoC operation, ah
well, have to think some more)

> Hmmmmm, hmmm, hmmm
>
> you are onto something here....

yep, I had that feeling already in Joerg's previous post ;-)

(well, it's not a real secret that I've been struggling with how flow
and sitemap are touching each other myself)

> --
> Stefano, gone to the whiteboard

-marc= (just animating the audience while Stefano is scetching...)