cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bastardized URL protocol (Re: [RT] ComponentizedProcessor)
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 16:18:04 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Variable scoping aside, do you have any suggestion on how to solve the
> protocol issue?
>
> --
> Stefano, who reached a point where rants look like a very inefficient
> way of solving problems

As I mentioned in another email, leverage the xml:base="" attribute part of
the XML spec.  That provides the base URI with which all relative URIs would
be resolved.  It's dead simple, obvious, and less error prone than one slash
vs. two.  Best of all, we don't bastardize any specs.

The point of my "yawn" example is that braindead mistakes happen.  It's best
to make it really obvious what the problem can be.