cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bastardized URL protocol (Re: [RT] ComponentizedProcessor)
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 12:23:19 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Sylvain Wallez dijo:
>
>>So since we _need_ to be able to specify URLs relative to the current
>>sitemap, what do you suggest? A subprotocol like what we have for
>>"cocoon:raw", another protocol like "current-sitemap:"?
>>
>>Just like Bruno, I'm happy with the "cocoon:/" and "cocoon://" we have
>>today. Moreover, I have not seen any of the people to which I explained
>>this behaviour complaining about URL syntax abuse.
>>
>>Also, I'm not following cocoon-users closely enough, but does this Q&A
>>you describe above come often about the "cocoon:" protocol?
>

> The answer is simple: With good documentation nobody will be losed. :-D

Hmm.  Have you ever mentored someone who did this:

public class MyFirstClass
{
     private String helloString;

     public void setHello( String helloMessage )
     {
         String helloString = helloMessage;
     }

     public void printHello()
     {
         System.out.println(helloString);
     }
}

and then wondered why it didn't work?  I have.

All the good documentation in the world won't keep it from happening.
All that will happen is a bunch of embarassed folks who don't complain
about it because they don't want to look stupid.

Ok class, what happened wrong in the above example?