cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <jheini...@virbus.de>
Subject Re: Migrating TreeProcessor to Fortress
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 20:04:17 GMT
I guess I simply mix all and everything: the sitemap, your pseudo xconf,
XML in general and the "object model". I do not understand much of it
and maybe I should shut up because of this :-)

Read on, you seemed to hit my concern:

On 11.11.2003 12:33, Unico Hommes wrote:

> Do you mean:
>
> parent.xmap:
> <sitemap>
>   <components>
>     <generators default="file">
>       <generator name="file" src="..." />
>     </generators>
>   </components>
> </sitemap>
>
> child.xmap:
> <sitemap>
>   <pipelines>
>     <pipeline>
>       <match pattern="..">
>         <generate type="file" src=".." />
>         <serialize />
>       </match>
>     </pipeline>
>   <pipelines>
> </sitemap>
>
> ?

Yes, exactly.

> No this is not a problem because the ServiceManager of the parent
> processor acts as the parent to the ServiceManager of the child
> processor. The match node will ask the child ServiceManager for the file
> generator, and if the child ServiceManager doesn't find it among its own
> components it asks the parent ServiceManager for it. This is also how it
> is handled today.

The tree-like lookup is clear.

> The sitemap components will actually be handled a little different from
> the pipeline nodes. The above parent.xmap translated into a fortress
> configuration will look like:
>
> parent.xconf:
> <fortress>
>   <generator id="file-generator" src="..." />
> </fortress>
>
> And the child.xmap looks like:
>
> child.xconf:
> <fortress>
>   <match id="p1-m1">
>    <generate id-ref="p1-m1-g" />
>   </match>
>
>   <!-- this is the generate node.
>        It looks up its Generator
>        on the service manager using
>        key "org.apache.cocoon.generation.Generator/file-generator"
>    -->
>   <generate id="p1-m1-g" type="file-generator" />

and here I thought of idref="file-generator", which does not exist from
an XML POV.

> </fortress>

In which form will the fortress configuration exist? Do you want to
start a transformation or is the above only an XML representation for a
completely hidden and automatically handled "feature"?

Joerg