cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <jheini...@virbus.de>
Subject auto generation of blocks.properties
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2003 23:20:52 GMT
Hello guys,

last week there was again a thread about binary dists or at least about
simplifying the build on the users list:

The original reason were Alexander's problems with the CLI: it is/was
not usable with the authentication-fw block. Further dependencies were
not in the blocks.properties and so he became frustrated.

One solution for him where different blocks.properties for different use
cases. Another solution IMO are the complete dependencies in our
blocks.properties. But maintaining both gump.xml and blocks.properties
is a pain. The solution is to have one file and to generate the other
one. I wrote a stylesheet doing this from gump.xml, find it attached
(after problems with Xalan).

The question is how to integrate it exactly into the build. Only as a
helper target? Only for developers before committing gump.xml? As one of
the first steps in the build, i.e. blocks.properties is removed from the
CVS and it's only generated dynamically?

Furthermore the gump.xml project/@status must be completed
(status="stable" and stable="deprecated").

I hope you will find it useful. Any comments?

Joerg