cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Woody Multiforms, Re: Best way to edit XML file using Cocoon?
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2003 12:24:22 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> ... edit complex XML documents stored in BLOBs, and provide an
> advanced GUI that totally hides the fact that it's an XML file.
>
> The document is loaded in a flowscript global variable (i.e. tied to
> the session), and lots of woody forms modify their respective parts of
> this document. When finished, the user clicks a save button and the
> document is stored in database.

Here comes a question: What's the advantage of lots of forms (with lots
of bindings, lots of templates) comparing to just one form, and one
binding, and lots of templates? :)

I found out that the only place forbidding this is readFromRequest()
method which cleans up value in form when it's not present in request,
and thus, you can't use one form with partial templates. Would it be ok
(wise/sane/etc) to add request parameters like  getFullyQualifiedName()
+ ".present" to indicate presense of the widget on the form, and act
accordingly?

Vadim