cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: whitespace cleanup and efficiency drive
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2003 10:52:30 GMT

David Crossley wrote:
> Tony Collen wrote:
>
>>David Crossley wrote:
>>
>>><snip/>
>>>I suppose that it is a dream, but does anybody know about a
>>>tool that would automatically apply say 4-space indentation
>>>and whitespace clean up? We could apply that to our whole
>>>cvs say once per month.
>>
>>Jalopy?
>>
>>http://jalopy.sourceforge.net/
>>
>>Never used it, just Google'd it.
>

> Looks interesting and worth a try. Now we need one for xml too.

There is also an Eclipse plugin. We use it since over a year (probably).

>>I'm +1 for making our source easier to read.  Maybe we should also
>>instate a policy that incoming patches from non-committers should either
>>be submitted properly formatted, or we won't take it.
>

> That would be nice for us. Unfortunately, we probably have to take
> whatever comes and fix it with clever tools before commit.

Be carful when doing precommit reformatting on the cvs server side
(which is doable with CVS). This might give you conflict as soon as you
commit your next changes to the same file or it requires you to
immediately update your tree after such committs.

--
Giacomo Pati