cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrzej Jan Taramina" <andr...@chaeron.com>
Subject Re: Saving pipeline output to a temp file...everything you wanted to know but were afraid to ask!
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2003 02:20:15 GMT
> That's why I'm suggesting an action of type "flowscript" that would call a
> function defined in the script files listed in <map:flow> and thus be able to
> share the session-global variables with <map:call> statements. Think of this
> action as a "secondary controller" in a MVC model (they fine-tune the view but
> don't change it radically), the <map:call> being the primary controller (it
> chooses the pipeline URI that fully defines the view).

So long as you clearly document the new way of doing this, and leave the old
way in place for at least one release cycle!

Mind you, given the state of Cocoon docs, that is a lot to ask, non?  ;-)

Keep in mind that my application will be used by over 10K users at a huge
brokerage firm....so breaking the current behaviour (even if it was not
intended) would not be a "good thing" for Cocoon's reputation in the
industry.

Thanks.

Andrzej Jan Taramina
http://www.chaeron.com