cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Upload widget for Woody: how to handle form redisplay?
Date Sun, 09 Nov 2003 19:58:02 GMT

Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Ugo Cei wrote:
>
>> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>>
>>> A solution is to keep the uploaded content in a temp area until the
>>> form is valid. But what if the user leaves and never re-submits the
>>> form? Should we rely on the garbage collector to finalize() the
>>> upload widget to clean the temp area?
>>

>> How about catching the expiration of the continuation and removing the
>> temp file from there?
>

> Good idea.
>
> For this, we'll need some kind of "ContinuationExpirationListener". But

Maybe you can use the ContinuationsDisposer for this?

I added this during the making of 'Apples' to dispose resources (looked
up components) your Apple might be holding

> they'll have to be registered in the continuation that _will_ be created
> at the next sendPageAndWait, as the latest continuation represents a
> past state, and may not exist if we just started the flowscript.

Hm, of course for apples it was slightly different, since there the
use-case controller is one object-instance (and not multiple ones)

but maybe we can find a way to register this kind of clean-up stuff on
the level of the complete use-case... or in flowscript lingo on the
level of the continuations-tree (so it only gets executed if the last
node in the tree is expired, and not upon clearing each node)

> I think we must also use the cleanup on finalize() for cases where forms
> are used outside of flowscript (i.e. with actions).
>
> Sylvain

-marc=