cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Respecting the CLI
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2003 13:03:37 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

>> Re-reading this I realize that it might give the wrong impression:
>> I'm not saying that the CLI is not important, but rather than asking
>> people to test their stuff in several environments usually doesn't
>> work, unless this testing is quick and automated.
>

> Gump. It already works.
>
> What we need is to make core Cocoon *not* need the servlet jar, as I
> had tried in he past but gt fed up with discussions.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't. I've just done a fresh checkout, and built
with no blocks, and it worked fine. I didn't need to add servlet.jar
anywhere.

But there are some blocks that need it.

> Take the servlet jar out, see what the dependencies are, make sure
> that the core doesn't need servlet.jar, and you are halfway there.

As I say, we're there already, AFAICS.

> Then add a test run target to the ant buildfine and make sure Gump
> runs it daily.

That's the thing. Write a test target...

What shape would a CLI test target take?

I know we need one, but I haven't yet really conceived it.

Regards, Upayavira