cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Respecting the CLI
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2003 11:16:54 GMT
Andrew Savory wrote:

>On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>

>>The only thing that comes to mind is automated tests of both CLI and
>>servlet environments...at this point it is a lot of work to add, but I
>>doubt that any rules like "make sure you re-test the CLI" would work.
>>

>Indeed - perhaps if we had something like CruiseControl running, we could
>get notified of these breakages before they hit the users?
>
>http://cruisecontrol.sourceforge.net/

Ah, but surely to use CruiseControl, you need to have tests to run :-(

I'm working on testing tools for pipelines, so maybe that would be
something we could use to set up some simple tests that could be used
with CruiseControl.

Actually, we could use it to detect build failures - but we usually find
those out quite quickly.

Hmm.

Regards, Upayavira