cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [OT] Using components outside of Cocoon
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2003 18:40:43 GMT

Steve K wrote:

> Hey folks --
>
> I have developed a few Avalon Components (they all extend
> AbstractLogEnabled) that I am currently using inside of Cocoon, but I
> would like to use them in another, much simpler application.  I know
> the ExcalibirTestCase does a pretty good job at providing a simple
> environment for the components to run in -- is there a similar wrapper
> I can use to run the components in another app?  Or do I have to use
> ECM/Fortress/Merlin to host the components?

There is a utility in the framework that you can use to set things up.
http://avalon.apache.org/framework/api/org/apache/avalon/framework/container/ContainerUtil.html
Your application would need to include the logic of building the
artifacts (config, context, service manager, etc.).  If you want to
avoid coding this sort of information into you application - then an
embedded container is the alternative approach.

Stephen.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org