cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Woody: CombineField?
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2003 21:35:00 GMT
not yet,

we discussed this before, but didn't really conclude into doing it yet

here is the thread(s) I remember

Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Quick one: what is the reverse in Woody to the AggregateField? I.e., is
> there a thing allowing to show several widgets but to combine them into
> the one field in form?
>
> Vadim

my feeling at the time was that on the model-level (woody definition) it
would just be the same AggregateFieldWidget, only the template would
combine them into one aggregated output

the reasoning behind it being that in both cases the model needs to have
the most detailed knowledge regardless of the fact that it is the
web-user or the binding-backend that prefers the info to be aggregated...

so the reverse would be the same (but in a reversed manner) ;-)

HTH

-marc=