cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Groovy language for XSP [Fwd: [xml-dev] The Free World vs Microsoft Inc: A Closer Look At Groovy]
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 21:33:29 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> From: Christopher Oliver

>>If you're concerned about community support why not add the
>>Rhino-with-continuations source to the Cocoon cvs.
>

> I hope this will happen in the next weeks. I discuessed this with Steven
> and he has already offered to shepard the integration (licence
> questions, paperwork, ...)

To start that trail, Chris, could you enlighten us on the circumstances
of the rhino+cont fork? Have you done this on your own time, or while
working for some employer? Do you have IP rights over the code added to
the original rhino? IIRC, rhino+cont was there already before you became
a Cocoon committer, so we might have to regard this as a donation rather
than stuff which get added on a day-to-day basis by committers which are
required to abide the CLA. If this was done on your own time, and given
the fact that rhino's license is essentially BSD'ish, we should normally
only be required to give proper credit, have you to sign off a code
contribution (post factum) and file it at ASF's secretary's place, and
we're all set, IMHO.

Another thing we need to do then is integrate rhino+cont into the Cocoon
build, but that shouldn't be a problem.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org