cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] rollback Cocoon 2.2 and do Fortress merge later (was Re: Fortress Conversion Stalled)
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 19:39:23 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:
>>> Berin, is it more the lack of time or more the tight
>>> coupling with ECM?
>>> I was so glad to see this effort and I am wondering
>>> much ...and what is left to do? Maybe you
>>> could give a summary of what you came across?
>>> Maybe you just need some more helping hands?
>> Here is what is left to do:
>> * Make the TreeBuilder system work with Fortress instead of ECM.
>> * Make the Main class work with the new bean.
>> * Get rid of the old bean.
>> * Incorporate the meta-generation into the ANT build
> I think this sounds doable! No reasons for a rollback!
> So the major obstacle is the treeprocessor...

I too would like to see the migration first and don't like the rollback
idea. But then, I too have currently very little time for cocoon myself
(started a new job which ATM entails 3hrs commuting per day --
unfortunatly only small chunks so booting the laptop hardly makes sense).

OK, let's all spend some brain cycles with the treeprocessor!

C h r i s t i a n       H a u l