cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@vafer.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] rollback Cocoon 2.2 and do Fortress merge later (was Re: Fortress Conversion Stalled)
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 17:30:37 GMT
>> Berin, is it more the lack of time or more the tight
>> coupling with ECM?
>>
>> I was so glad to see this effort and I am wondering
>> ...how much ...and what is left to do? Maybe you
>> could give a summary of what you came across?
>>
>> Maybe you just need some more helping hands?
>

> Here is what is left to do:
>
> * Make the TreeBuilder system work with Fortress instead of ECM.
> * Make the Main class work with the new bean.
> * Get rid of the old bean.
> * Incorporate the meta-generation into the ANT build

I think this sounds doable! No reasons for a rollback!
So the major obstacle is the treeprocessor...

> * Test and make sure everything works.

It's the new branch... no worries ;)

> I have no more time, and the TreeBuilder is very tightly integrated.

I am sure Sylvain will support anyone that will give it a try :)

Currently I am also busy ...but maybe this would also be something
for an online programming session like on friday.

This week I cannot spend much more time on cocoon than fixing some
bugs on friday ...but maybe next week?!

> I think I have done the hard stuff OK (the support for Request Lifestyle
> and company).
>
> I can lend written/verbal support, but I have not time to devote to
> actual coding anymore.  :(

Thats fair enough! Thanks for you efforts so far!
--
Torsten