cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] rollback Cocoon 2.2 and do Fortress merge later (was Re: Fortress Conversion Stalled)
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 16:47:10 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:

> Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
>> It only makes sense to roll back and start concentrating on Cocoon Blocks
>> at this time.
>>
>> I do highly recommend refactoring Cocoon bit by bit to remove ECM
>> assumptions
>> wherever they exist so that the actual upgrade to Fortress or Merlin
>> will be
>> much simpler.
>>
>> +1 from me.
>

> Berin, is it more the lack of time or more the tight
> coupling with ECM?
>
> I was so glad to see this effort and I am wondering
> ...how much ...and what is left to do? Maybe you
> could give a summary of what you came across?
>
> Maybe you just need some more helping hands?

Here is what is left to do:

* Make the TreeBuilder system work with Fortress instead of ECM.
* Make the Main class work with the new bean.
* Get rid of the old bean.
* Incorporate the meta-generation into the ANT build
* Test and make sure everything works.

I have no more time, and the TreeBuilder is very tightly integrated.

I think I have done the hard stuff OK (the support for Request Lifestyle
and company).

I can lend written/verbal support, but I have not time to devote to
actual coding anymore.  :(

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin