cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@vafer.org>
Subject Re: Groovy language for XSP [Fwd: [xml-dev] The Free World vs Microsoft Inc: A Closer Look At Groovy]
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 11:12:34 GMT
>> but it doesn't seem very probable that Groovy will support
>> continuations any time soon, which is a pity.
>

> Pretty cool stuff. If they add continuations, I'm all for throwin rhino
> down the drain.

maybe if *they* don't do it *we* could do it...
maybe they are more willing to accept this feature?!

> [at least, from a community perspective, we wouldn't be basing our
> entire architecture on branched code of a almost-dead community hosted
> in a location that doesn't care about java]

well spoken!

...although it might make it even harder to sell
marketing-wise because it's no "standard"...

...or maybe even sells better because it's not an
outlaw on the serverside

*shrug*
--
Torsten