cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: Groovy language for XSP [Fwd: [xml-dev] The Free World vs Microsoft Inc: A Closer Look At Groovy]
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 00:00:16 GMT
[I'm crossposting to dev, since this might stimulate some comments from
the Flowscript gurus over there.]

Oleg Dulin wrote:
> Dear Fellow Cocoon Users:
>
> I just read the forwarded message on xml-dev mailing list and realized
> that Groovy makes a perfect language for business logic intermixed with
> XML, such as XSP pages.
>
> This may also be a simpler approach to FlowScript.

Groovy looks very interesting indeed. What it currently lacks WRT
Rhino-based Javascript is continuations. The really important part of
Cocoon's Flowscript is continuations, not the Javascript syntax. If it
had continuations I might consider switching from JS to Groovy very
seriously.

I see there has been some discussion about continuations on their ML:

http://lists.codehaus.org/pipermail/groovy-dev/2003q3/000158.html

but it doesn't seem very probable that Groovy will support continuations
any time soon, which is a pity.

	Ugo