cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <jheini...@virbus.de>
Subject Re: [Newbie Question] Sharing a jar lib in 2 blocks :-D
Date Sun, 02 Nov 2003 23:22:51 GMT
On 03.11.2003 00:17, Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>>>Hi:
>>>
>>>How I can share the same library in 2 blocks? Concretly
>>>commons-beanutil.jar Can be potentially used in Woody and scratchpad.
>>>
>>>How I can declare it in jars.xml? The idea is to include the library
>>>in case the user select block "Woody", "Scratchpad" or both.
>>
>>The JAR must be in lib/optional then.
>

> I that way the lib will not be copied if we does not choose any of the
> blocks?

Good question. I don't know exactly how the dependency is handled then,
I guess all files from there are copied. I only know that at the time
jtidy was needed for html and portal block, it was moved temporarily
into lib/optional.

I see 2 options:
1) The dependency is specified in gump.xml.
2) The dependency can not be specified.

Joerg