cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc van Kempen <m...@bowtie.nl>
Subject Re: HTML editor widget (was Re: [proposal] Doco)
Date Sat, 01 Nov 2003 15:20:23 GMT
Bruno Dumon wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-10-31 at 22:54, Marc van Kempen wrote:
>
>>Bruno Dumon wrote:
>
> <snip/>
>
>>>My first thought was to do this cleanup stuff serverside (could be as
>>>simple as an XSL, which would make it easily customisable too). However
>>>it seems like you want to do all that on the client side?
>>>

>>This won't work, you need valid xml to use xsl,
>

> Ever heard of JTidy?

Yep, I'm not 100% sure if I tried JTidy (I'm pretty sure though), but I
did try the commandline program html tidy, and this crashed on some of
the html garbage that Word spits out. The last release of the program
was in 2000, so I didn't place a lot of trust in it.

>> and the IE html in
>>particular can be very troublesome to fix.
>
> <snip/>
>
> Thanks for sharing your experiences.

No problem, are you interested in my offer, or shouldn't I bother
discussing it (releasing my editor as open source)?

Regards,
Marc.