cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Portlet environment (JSR168)
Date Sat, 01 Nov 2003 15:06:32 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>

>>Hi all,
>>
>>I'm working on Portlet (aka JSR168 aka Pluto) environement for Cocoon so
>>that Cocoon can be deployed as a Portlet. Is there any interest at all
>>for this functionality? I'm thinking about dumping it into scratchpad or
>>separate block...
>>

>+1 definitly!

+1 for scratchpad or +1 for block? :)
I'm actually not sure about block: I guess real blocks will not have
ability to define Cocoon environments and/or new Cocoon entry points
(i.e. CocoonPortlet, a-la CocoonServlet). So, may be scratchpad then?

>So I can use Cocoon to define portlets that can be used in a different
>portlet container like Jetspeed2 (or Pluto)?

Yes, it's already working with Pluto.

>I'm currently trying the opposite and got lost in the mud of the Pluto
>code...

I already found a bug preventing Cocoon to parse uploads as well as
preventing pluto itlsef from functioning properly. Can you apply the
patch? ;-)

Vadim