cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <jheini...@virbus.de>
Subject Re: [heads up] cocoon's defaults form-encoding and seerialize-encoding are inconsistent.
Date Sat, 01 Nov 2003 11:24:03 GMT
On 01.11.2003 12:08, Reinhard Poetz wrote:

>>personally I think this patch should come together with a
>>change to our
>>web.xml so we rather change the default form-encoding to be
>>also "utf-8"
>

> sorry, I don't understand this. Does this mean the general encoding is
> iso-8859-1 and the form encoding is UTF-8? If yes, why two different
> encodings?

These are two different things.

On the one hand there is the container encoding. It defines with which
encoding textfiles are read, e.g. properties files. It's about servlet
container <=> file system.

On the other hand there is the form encoding. It defines with which
encoding requests are read. It's about servlet container <=> clients.

I hope it's correct so.

Joerg