cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: GT 2003 talks: audio only example, please test ogg version
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 06:27:03 GMT
Le Mardi, 11 nov 2003, à 12:31 Europe/Zurich, Antonio Gallardo a écrit :
> ...I would prefer ogg because MP3 has copyright issues.

Ok, I have prepared an ogg version of the example, please test on your
platforms:

http://www.codeconsult.ch/clients/gt2003/00-introduction.ogg

I've tested it on macosx with ITunes and ogg plugin, plays ok, title
and copyright are shown in the info fields.
To me it sounds worse than the mp3 version (which is about the same
size), but is still understandable.

Encoding was done as follows:
oggenc -q1 -M16 --downmix --resample 8000 \
-t "Cocoon GT 2003, Steven Noels, introduction" \
-a "Copyright (C) 2003, Apache Software Foundation" \
00-introduction.wav

What do people think then, do we want to publish both mp3 and ogg (I
can easily do both once I get going), or just ogg?

Also, do we have to ask before distributing this on the ASF mirrors?
The whole low-fi audio files should take about 60 MB per format.

-Bertrand