cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject Re: [Woody-binding] wb:repeater unique-path
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 10:33:22 GMT
Bruno Dumon dijo:
> On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 20:30, Bruno Dumon wrote:

>> form.I have 2 days with this sample and still not working. :-(

>> (res_id) of datatype integer.

>> > Is the res_id field a field that the user can edit? The current
>> repeater-binding assumes that new rows are those with an empty id
>> field (res_id your case). Thus if these are editable by the user and
>> the user puts a value in them, the repeater binding will not detect
>> that these are new rows.
>> >
>> > However, it is of course possible to implement alternative
>> > repeater-binding strategies. One that's also available is
>> > wb:simple-repeater (see javadoc of the class
>> > SimpleRepeaterJXPathBindingBuilder). This binding works by first
>> removing all items, and the adding all the items in the repeater.
>>
>> After having a look at the source code, I'm afraid that binding
>> currently only works for XML documents.
>
> Sylvain, would you mind if I changed the simple-repeater binding so that
> its configuration lines up more with that of the other repeater binding?
> I'm thinking of something like this:
>
> <wb:simple-repeater>
>   <wb:on-bind>
>   </wb:on-bind>
>   <wb:on-insert-row>
>   </wb:on-insert-row>
> </wb:simple-repeater>
>
> The wb:on-insert-row element would be optional, if not specified the
> binding would work as it is now (ie rely on JXPath to create the path).

I thought adding a new repeater will add more complexity to Cocoon forms.
Better will be to add an attribute in <wb:repeater> that will allow the
behavior or not. I propose something like:

unique-change="true" [default false]

If set to true, then the unique field can be changed.

Is this correct?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo