cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject Re: [FYI] Longhorn presentation layer codenamed "Avalon"
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2003 18:24:24 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi dijo:
> Berin Loritsch wrote:
>> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>>
>>> http://longhorn.msdn.microsoft.com/lhsdk/core/overviews/road_map.aspx
>>>
>>> a "presentation layer" called Avalon that uses XML as the basis?
>>> prepare for some nasty confusion :-/
>> The best we can do is make the Avalon
>> brand be Apache Avalon, and make it clear that the cheap knock-off at
>> Microsoft is in no way endorsed by Apache :/.
>
> IMHO the worst thing about it is not the name.
>
> They are recreating XUL with their vocabulary,

It is INNOVATION! Write it forever: INNOVATION! They are INNOVATING XUL
names! This is top INNOVATION! Did you don't see this? They are the TOP
INNOVATION company in the world. :-DDDD

> but worst of all, they
> are going to use a superset of SVG for drawing!

The same game over and over. :-(
Then I see SVG in the future with the same problems as HTML:

Did you remember our Javascript Calendar and related problems to HTML
rendering in IE, Mozilla, Safari, Opera, etc? It looks like an endless
loop. They usually try to kill standards. What about XML and XSL in MS.
They innovated the standard too? I hope Linux will soon shutdown them.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo