cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject Re: Dynamic woody templates?
Date Sat, 01 Nov 2003 23:22:41 GMT
Sylvain Wallez dijo:
> Hi Woody'ers

Wondering about in his Australian meaning! lol.

> Lately, I encountered several use cases where I found that the current
> <wt:repeater-widget> we have today is not enough.
>
> Here are some:
> - if the repeater is empty, the "delete selected items" should not
> appear underneath

Yep.

> - I'm currently writing move up/move down row actions, and I don't want
> to display the "up" on the first row nor the "down" on the last one -
> when a repeater is empty, I want to display e.g. "there are currently
> no items" instead of just the table headers

This is a good idea.

> The first two items can eventually be solved by having the widgets
> generating nothing when some condition is verified, but the third cannot
>  be solved without adding new information in the form template.
>
> So I was thinking to add new esql-like statements (analoguous to
> esql:results, esql:no-results, etc) in the woody template.

Yep.

> What do you think?

Cool!

> But I'm also wondering, as woody usage increases, if we will not need to
>  write form templates involving more and more conditional parts. And for
>  this, JXTemplate shines. But mixing jx-like access to the form model
> with wt: templates elements is likely to quickly become unnatural. A
> solution could be to augment the JXTemplate syntax with new
> Woody-related instructions. Taglibs for JXTemplate?

> What do you think (again)?

Don't know I am not sure if is a good idea to mantain a copy of JXTemplate
lib just for woody in another namespace. It will cause overhead.

I understand the idea of using just one taglib for "wt" namespace. But I
think not is a good choice for every case. I think the user that need or
want to use JXTemplate, let then use it by defining the namespace and on
the same time who does not want it, then don't add then overprocessing by
checking for non existent tags.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo