cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject Re: XSP "official" position
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2003 03:20:46 GMT
Tony Collen dijo:
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
> <snip/>
>

>> XSP if not perfect, but we still need some kind of "official"
>> templating. What's the alternatives here?
>>
>> ... and it's not that convinient to assemble DOM (or something) in flow
>> and then pass it to the templates... ;-)
>

> Even the JXTemplateGenerator?  I think it's nice and useful.  Perhaps
> the problem is that the flow layer isn't as "up-front" as other
> things... that is, you can use Cocoon and never touch the Flow layer.
> People don't realize how useful it is and either shrug it off or try to
> learn it and get angry and go back to XSP.

Yep. But this is also because Flow is too new. The first steps in flow
implementation of are AFAIK by end last year. So it takes long time while
the Cocoon gurus figured out how it would work. I remember strong
discussion about this. And AFAIK Cocoon is the first implementator of this
idea related to XML pipelines.

I am currently using Flow and also I like the idea of use the sitemap with
never writing a line of flow. It is good because some people does not need
flow at all.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo