cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <>
Subject Re: M$ publishes Word Document ML / Hello World Sample attached
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2003 22:32:55 GMT
Tony Collen dijo:
> Andreas Hochsteger wrote:
>> Hi All!
>> I just read on slashdot, that M$ published the XML Schema for their new
>> Office 2003 Suite (mostly Word related) including documentation:
>> According to
>> they are
>> even redistributable without fee, but I don't know, if that's relevant
>> for us.

Did you read this in License?

No right to create modifications or derivatives of this Specification is
granted herein.

There is a separate patent license available to parties interested in
implementing software programs that can read and write files that conform
to the Specification. This patent license is available at this location:

I am not telling it is bad. I am not lawyer and we need to read this stuff
too. Please read it carefully before doing anything. If there something
you don't understand or you disaprove, please let us know.

While reading please keep in mind ANY potential damage to our beloved
Cocoon. The last we want is to lose this nice project.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

View raw message