cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject RE: [OT Re: whitespace cleanup and efficiency drive
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 20:30:37 GMT
Reinhard Poetz dijo:

> From: Vadim Gritsenko
>
>> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>>
>> >From: Antonio Gallardo

>> (and I don't)

>> >On win2k eclipse needs about 110megs of RAM
>> >(currently three different Cocoon are projects opened) and I use
>> >OxygenXML as XML-Editor.
>> >
>> >... maybe a reason for switching back .... just kidding ;-)
>> >

>> Do not hurry. WinXP, WebSphere Studio Application Developer, actual
>> WebSphere container was never started, 360Mb. Searching for classes /
>> method implementations / overriden methods / etc is either slow or
>> inconvinient or impossible...
>
> We compare two different things ... the 110MB are Eclipse *only* - all
> the things together will lead to the same results as you got.
> Actually I wanted to say that with 512MB RAM running Win2K, Eclipse,
> some containers, OpenOffice at the same time is no problem from a speed
> POV.

Speed is a very relative term. For example, we had a computer with an
Athlon XP 2200+ and 1GB of RAM and I will be very glad if this will be
ever faster. I love the instant computing. :-D

This is why I complain about having just 768MB DDR on my notebook with a
Pentium IV 2.0 GHz. :-(

Just for the records. In Fedora:
Eclipse Version: 3.0.0 Build id: 200310101454 uses from 86MB - 150 MB (it
depends how much it can eat).
Then I also uses: JEdit + Mozilla + Some SSH + Konqueror

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo