cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] rollback Cocoon 2.2 and do Fortress merge later (was Re: Fortress Conversion Stalled)
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 21:59:54 GMT
Berin Loritsch dijo:
> It only makes sense to roll back and start concentrating on Cocoon
> Blocks at this time.
>
> I do highly recommend refactoring Cocoon bit by bit to remove ECM
> assumptions wherever they exist so that the actual upgrade to Fortress
> or Merlin will be much simpler.
>
> +1 from me.

-1

We cannot simply throw away the current work. Before starting we discused
about the new features including the use of Fortress, etc and I think we
can continue the road we made.

Who said the road is easy, plain and nice? Nobody!

Then who cares if 2.2 will take 2 years or more? Nobody!. So lets
continue. I think the new features discused for cocoon 2.2 are cool.
Including the internals changes. Please continue.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo