cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: persisting re-arranged repeater-rows
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2003 11:53:35 GMT

On 25 Nov 2003, at 13:44, Hugo Burm wrote:

> I guess one of the problems will be sorting after you added a new item,
> because the new item does not yet have an id in Woody.

Yeah ... next problem ....

I added this to my form model :

     <wd:repeater-action id="addresource" action-command="add-row"
repeater="resources">
       <wd:label><i18n:text
i18n:catalogue="local">label.add.resource</i18n:text></wd:label>
     </wd:repeater-action>

When the button is clicked, a new repeater-row appears.
When the data is filled-in and the form is saved, the new row does not
get copied into the Bean, because I suspect as you said, it has no
'unique-id'.

It is not my job to give it an 'id' it is Hibernate's business !!
Hibernate will give it an appropriate 'id' when it is persisted.
If Hibernate finds a synthetic 'id' in there it will freak out ....

I cannot persist it in an event-handler in the add-row command because
it has no data and the database will reject it.

Any suggestions as to how to move forward on this?

Thanks

regards Jeremy