cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ricardo Rocha" <rica...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [woody] using on-activate handlers
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2003 14:17:40 GMT

Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> I am having problems using on-activate handlers.
> <snip/>
> Would it break Woody terribly if on-activate handlers could
> be called BEFORE the row-action's action-command?

Or, even better, two handlers: BEFORE and AFTER.

> I have one attached to a <wd:row-action id="delete"
> action-command="delete"/>, but it appears to get called after the
> delete, so I do not appear to be able to find out which row was
> deleted, so I cannot remove that object from the persistence layer.
> (the returned index is '-1').

With the before/after event model you could determine which row is about to
be deleted "before" and synchronize with the persistence layer "after".

This could be generalized further to provide support for "before", "on" and
"after" handlers for a other types of events...