cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <o...@wlkp.org>
Subject Re: Continuations and the web
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2003 16:06:07 GMT
On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 04:55:50PM +0100, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> On 23 Nov 2003, at 21:16, Tony Collen wrote:
>
> >There's a few interesting posts going on over at [1] regarding the use
> >of continuations on web.
>
> Continuations break the back button? bah.
I have also a problem that maybe the same: How should one protect the
application from resubmitting the previous continuation? If user hits back
button and submits again the the form gets into inconsistent state (some
action gets called twice). As some woody actions get executed automatically
(adding a repeater row for example) there is no way to prevent this.

This is all due to the fact that continuation stores only point of execution
and just shares the data model.

> The only way to make this *really* REST-y is to pass the continuation
> (not the ID, the *ENTIRE* continuation) along with the response. This
> would allow complete replicability of the continuation.
I've tried to use WebForms (.NET) - in there all controls' data and state is
being stored in one huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge input hidden field.
	ouzo

--
            __
        \_\\  //_/       ouzo@wlkp.org           _\\()//_