cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <o...@wlkp.org>
Subject Re: DB support in flowscript (was: XSP "official" position)
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2003 09:33:47 GMT
On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 05:43:00AM -0600, Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> > The second case is :
> > Imagine you have table that describes building (Building) and then you
> > have a
> > table that describes the flat (Flat).
> >
> > Now you want to assign tasks:
> >  - visit the flat and do something
> >  - visit the whole building (each flat in the building)
> >
> > so you add some more tables:
> > Task
> > TaskBuilding
> > TaskFlat
>
> This can be easily managed using the JDO concept: "extends" inside
> classes. BTW, It is a tipical sample in JDO literature. Changes it to:
> Employees, Managers, Developers, Sellers, etc. You can have a common base
> class "Person". Then you can extend the base class "Person" to another
> "Employee" and from Employee to Managers, Developers, Sellers, etc.
hmmm I do not really see if this is driven by the same metaphor..

> > So now if you want to query for flats that have not been visited it is
> > really
> > simple. But now the database adds/deletes rows from database behind your
> > back.
> > AFAIU this messes up OJB tool completely. Or am I wrong maybe?
>
> :-D Yes, the last is true. OJB can easily manage this and you will not
> have problems. Also you have DB cache and table proxies.
Could you provide me with some link to OJB docs that describe handling
databases witch triggers modifying the DB content?

> Please don't take this mail as an attack. I understand everyone has his
> own programming styles and it is often a trade off. I understand you
> provided them just as samples to illustrate your points.
Exactly, I am still seeking for some convenient way to handle databases. If
yours turns up to be better - let it be - I'm just gonna start using it.

	ouzo
--
            __
        \_\\  //_/       ouzo@wlkp.org           _\\()//_