cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Perryman <>
Subject Re: Changing sitemap causes app to throw a null pointer exception...
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2003 15:34:46 GMT

I submitted this about 2 weeks ago and no one

For me, it turned out that in my main sitemap my mount
of my sub-sitemap was not being executed. It was
commented out accidentally. Why the sub-sitemap loaded
the first time, I'm still not sure. But when my
sub-sitemap was properly mounted, any changes were
reloaded without restarting Tomcat.

Verify that your sub-sitemap is properly mounted in
your main sitemap and that the check-reload flag is
set to "yes".

I hope that this helps.

BTW, I'm using Cocoon 2.1.2-dev and Tomcat

--- Andrzej Jan Taramina <> wrote:
> Hmmm...I'm running Cocoon 2.1.2 under Tomcat 4.1.27
> (latest).
> When I change my sitemap (it's a sub-sitemap
> actually, that is mounted by the
> main sitemap), when next I access a page in the app,
> I get a null pointer
> error.  Shutting down Tomcat and restarting fixes
> this.
> Any ideas what might cause this strange behaviour?
> Anyone ever seen this
> before?
> Andrzej Jan Taramina
> Chaeron Corporation: Enterprise System Solutions
> To unsubscribe, e-mail:
> For additional commands, e-mail:

Do you Yahoo!?