cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <o...@wlkp.org>
Subject Singleton question
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2003 09:35:37 GMT
I know this question should be addressed to Avalon group but I am only cocoon
subscriber and feel much safer with you guys :)

How should I write an avalon component that is a pure singleton? The case is I
need a component that has only ONE instance and the access is strictly
synchronized. The component cannot be pooled because AFAIU the pool can grow
over it's maximum size set in cocoon.xconf.

Normally I would implement a singleton with synchronized methods but I would
like to make it cocoon exercise and make this a component with full lifecycle.

regards
	lg
--
            __