cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [OT Re: whitespace cleanup and efficiency drive
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 13:57:05 GMT

On 12 Nov 2003, at 12:05, Torsten Curdt wrote:

>>> IDEA does it pretty good: Removes trailing spaces when saving a
>>> file, replaces existing tabs with spaces on save, when using the key
>>> TAB it adds spaces to the file. But unfortunately IDEA is not for
>>> free.
>> Ah, others keep mentioning IDEA too.
>
> Hm... just wondering if they might give away a general
> ASF licence (that is maybe restricted on editing classes
> only in org.apache packages)
>
> ...may I ask as Apache "representative"?

no, but you can ask the ASF board as Apache committer. ;-)

I've started to evaluate IDEA as well because eclipse on mach-o is
simply not usable if you don't have several GBs of RAM (and I don't)

So far, it's beating the crap out of eclipse in terms of performance on
macosx... but I haven't really *load it* as much as I did with eclipse.
I'll keep you people posted on this since many switchers find
themselves with one thing missing: a decent java IDE (panther's Xcode
is not so bad... but it's simply too mac-oriented... it's great for
objective-c.. but misses way too many features that eclipse and IDEA
have)

> --
Stefano.