cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From dani...@nada.kth.se
Subject Re: Revised ResourceLoadAction posted...
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2003 20:53:35 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Joerg Heinicke wrote:
>> On 12.11.2003 23:26, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
<snip/>
>>> Had anybody considered writing some dom:/ pseudo protocol to
>>> save/retrieve DOM fragments to/from request / session / application
context?
>> We have a Read/WriteDomSessionTransformer (for which Andrzej provided
also a patch) doing this stuff. You mean replacing them with a dom
pseudo protocol for simplicity and transparency?

> Yep. And use CInclude to read and SourceWritingT to write (CExclude ;-)

I have a nearly finished such source at my hard disk since ages, that I
almost had forgotten. As you made it sound really useful, I think that I
maybe should finish it ;)

In its current incarnation it can be used for reading a fragment from a
dom tree in a session parameter, described by an xpath. It an be also be
used for writing or inserting xml in a dom tree in a session parameter  at
an xpath.

The current syntax is something like:

session:/attribute-name/xpath

If I extend it to handle request / session / application context, which
seem like a good idea, what syntax would be reasonable?

dom:/[request,session,context]/attribute-name/xpath

or maybe one should be a little bit more specific:

dom:/[request-attribute,session-attribute,context-attribute]/attribute-name/xpath

One could also have some kind of sub-protocols for choosing how the  write
operation should be performed:

dom:write:/...

dom:insert:/...

WDYT?