cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Doco needs landing (Was: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1 features.xml)
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2003 02:46:05 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>  Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>
> > ok, is there a way for others to help you or in other words:
> > do you need some help?
>
> No, I move faster if I do stuff myself. There is no much code to write,
> just a lot of glue and finding out the pieces of the puzzle and working
> with somebody else is going to slow this down in prototypical phase.
>
> After the prototype is ready, there will be *tons* of polishing to do,
> but I want to create the itches first, so that all of us can scratch
> later.

Mmmm, i am not sure that i like this approach. "Doco" sounds
to me like one of the reasons that "Forrest" was started.
What is worrying is that this one-person thing (though i trust
Stefano to know what to do) will have no community to land in
and Apache will spawn yet another new project.

I don't mean to be cynical or anything, but Linotype and Portal
landed in Cocoon as more-or-less functional things and not much
has happened since.

I know that there is a trade-off between too much talk and not
enough doing. However, without any discussion there is a risk
that something fundamental will be missed.

--David